CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 29, 2005

THe Magician's Nephew

SO, I did it....I couldn't help it. WHile I was reading chapters 8 and 9...and i had to explain to them what CS Lewis was trying to describe....I had to. I also pointed out that Digory is a true man, even though he's only a boy. He protects Polly and takes the role of a leader towards the middle of the book. In comparison to Uncle Andrew (and old alcoholic, selfish man) Digory knows he needs to do what is right. There are temptations to only save himself, but he knows he needs to take care of Polly. That's kinda what i was talking about in WILD AT HEART, the book. Men are the protectors of the women. Men, would you want a woman dressed in Knights armor and save you? NO way! So women, let a man rescue you! Don't find a man that needs rescuing, bc you won't change them...and don't tell me you want a man who can't take care of you? I know i'm looking for a Digory.

0 comments: