CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Psalm 42

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the ,ultitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon-from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me-a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God, my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning oppressed by the enemy?" My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?" Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why do distrubed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my GOD!"

I love how the Psalmist just identified his sorrow in his life and proclaimed his THIRST FOR GOD in it all. He didn't get mad because of his circumstances-he didn't follow the multitudes' attitude and give up on God....he spoke to his soul, he encouraged his soul, he reassurred his soul! I pray to always dwell on God's character-not the circumstances. I want to praise Him for being good, loving, kind, powerful, faithful and full of mercy! Joyce Meyer always pushes SPEAKING it, even it we aren't THINKING it. Our minds can have such control over out actions unless we CAPTIVATE the thoughts. I couldn't even imagine being in exile! To be a slave to someone or something that I don't believe in, something my heart cannot follow, something that could never quench my soul!!!
When something bad or trying happens my first reaction is questioning God. "Why? What do i need to do now? Are you upset with me? What are you teaching me through this?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I want to just praise him, not even focus on what i cannot control. I just want to praise him. gary and I are in a trying situation now and the enemy wants to whisper an undercurrent of despair that so easily creeps in while I think about the situation. Those thoughts make me want to attack and take over the problem in my own strength. The lord has had much grace on my thoughts, and slowly He's showing me how to battle those thoughts. Oh how i don't even deserve his help!
Lord, our souls thirst for you! They thirst as if it would a marathon runner at the end of a race. Lord, anytime the heat is turned up, I pray we can control our thoughts and speak praise to you! Even though our hearts and spirits may be distrubed, prompt us to encourage our souls!!!
What words does your soul need to hear right now?

3 comments:

sammie said...

Check out what I wrote today Rach. So simplistic unyet I think it speaks volumes. I think if we look at this as when we focus we're serving that. Holler back on it.

sammie said...

Here's how I see it. We are not just making a decision to turn away from God we are making a decision to turn towards Satan. Think about it. I think if we thought about it that way the turn would be harder to do. Yes there is forgiveness its just when we turn we don't always get the chance to turn back immediately.

sammie said...

Paige gets it