CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Joy...What is that?

In a world that is so deceived, lied to, swayed in the wrong direction, the word joy seems to exist from circumstance. "It's my birthday" that's joyful right? "It's a girl (or boy)!" Joy, happiness..."I got a raise" major joy...but that leads to life that jumps in the front car of a rollercoaster.
I had a hard time sleeping last night. For the past few weeks, I have been totally covered in God's grace as He teaches me self control and leading me into the next level in my walk with Him. After Careforce training, it was like automatically, that grace was lifted. I had stopped being intentional in what I did or said. I was easily upset, emotional, and anxious. I felt completely seperated from God. (Which I had done). I woke up at 3 am and just laid there for a few hours until the alarm went off at 5:45. I knew all I could do was open my Bible. I opened to Philippians where I usually go to to get a swift kick in the pants. Press on, it's a marathon, get going kind of thing...but the Holy Spirit led me to soak in His gentle spirit.
I thought back to that heavy grace He had covered around me. Where did it come from...i thought He soaked us in His grace when we needed a rest or that was part of the blessing...but really for the first time, i realized He gave me so much grace to show me where joy came from.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again:Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. whatever you have learned or recieved or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
During my time of grace, when everything was so peaceful, and i learned so much just through His joy...the above scripture is what was evident in my life. The key to joy 365 is grateful prayer...i was so happy about anything that came my way, just thankful and all my praise went to Him. God says in this scripture that all peace come from is a spirit of contentment and gratitude. When my spirit is gentle and content, I feel God so near my heart-nothing really matters.
When my heart was focused on the things of God, anxiety left my heart....
If the anxiety tried to sneak in, I would put my focus on my gratefulness to God...not like in the first paragraph on the circumstances, but just on Him. the beginning of the scripture says Rejoice in the Lord always...man just that He's there. When I stray from His thoughts, His focus-that's when I'm seperated...and there is no joy in that...
Thank you Lord for free will. thank you for the choices you give me everyday to either praise you for who you are, or not. It's so much more empowering to know I've made the right choice instead of you making me. Help me to choose this each morning. Help me carry your gentle spirit into each relationship I encounter-so they may know You are near, and too, will rejoice...

1 comments:

sammie said...

Thanks I needed that.