CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 29, 2005

First Wednesday Night service

SO I went to Celebration for the first time on a Wednesday. I was going to a church that I attended when I was living in Palm Coast. My close friend Laurie (she's more like my guiding light or mentor) introduced me to it. Once I moved to St. Augustine, I was driving to the church in PC only to realize that I was going there, but still not experiencing God the way I know I should. At home I would do my devotions and educate myself on His word. The more I learned, the more I knew that church wasn't right for me. I continued to go there, but only for the reason to see Laurie and the people I had become friends with. THEN.......I took a chance, well I leaped at the chance to go to church with my friend Jen. It was Celebration. Now understand that I grew up believing in Christ, but always holding back, never letting him take over. Never truly understanding what he did for us, and how I had anything to do with it. I was a Christian, not living a Christian life. Because of my upbringing, I'm still passive compared to others that attend there, but the feeling of excitement, KNOWING I'll be where they are is a feeling I can't explain. So, anyways, last night really hit home for me. Lately, problems in our house (of three girls) have been getting to all of us....I kept telling myself, man I'm staying out of it, let it work out on its own...But really I needed to sow the seeds of kindness and love, in order for me to receive it at home! I knew that deep down, but its the tiny building blocks, baby steps that we needed to be reminded of to make a difference. God's been answering my prayers each and everyday. Maybe he's answering other's prayers for me too, bc slowly things are looking out for the better with people and places around me. Knowing what Celebration has done for me, I've offered for my other roommate to come along to church. She isn't used to church being loud or untraditional (but neither was I). I know that she may not like it, but I really want her to try. I've asked the Lord to help me encourage her and to be prepared if she bails. All I can say is that someone's praying for me and watching over me, and knowing that, man, its incredible. I wish I could go there every night of the week...Maybe its time for another move, this time my purpose would be for God, to be closer to him...Not to run like I did before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.