CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

captivating


cap·ti·vate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kpt-vt)
tr.v. cap·ti·vat·ed, cap·ti·vat·ing, cap·ti·vates
To attract and hold by charm, beauty, or excellence. See Synonyms at charm.
Archaic. To capture.

yeah so i'm so obsessed with this book... i don't know if i mentioned this before, but i'm going to be joining a bible study based upon this book! I am very excited about this. i think this book is just going to be one of those books where i can remember all my favorite parts by page number and have all the good quotes posted in my room. it really has motivated me to get creative too. i've started painting again, and i'm hoping to go visit my grandmother soon for another lesson. i used to travel to her house a lot in college where she would give me a watercoloring lesson here and there. when i think of me being captivating, it makes me think of all the good things i can experience in life just by how i interact with others. you hear in movies all the one liners like, oh darling you are so beautiful, or stunning, or whatever..but have you really heard someone say the woman was captivating? i love that word....its so peaceful and gentle...but still strong. it really gets my mind going. woman have so much power that most (even myself) haven't figured out how to use it. its almost dangerous....when used by the wrong hands...like the power of the white witch from narnia (sorry i had to throw that in there). even glenda from the wizard of oz (in the play wicked) used her beauty for bad....yeah you thought it was always the green wicked witch of the west...anyways...i have been praying for god to give me the tools and wisdom to be captivating towards Him and others. maybe one day i will get there! until then, i'll keep my creativity open with my painting and cd making and pray hard....

please go read this book...i'm telling you it is so good!

0 comments: