CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

grandma update

well, its good and bad. my dad called me today and sounded extremely exhausted. apparently, my grandma is really out of it. she's not making any sense anymore. the doctor thinks she'll slowly come back, but her heart is only working at 40% capacity. her lungs don't work anymore, so her heart has been forced to work over time. my dad said her heart has been working that way since i found her laying in the bathroom on the fourth of july 5 summers ago. that was her first "spell". she was then diagnosed with emphasema. lung cancer and heart failure almost go hand in hand. anyways, after talking to my dad, we both know God is going to answer her prayers soon. if she really knew what was going on, she would be so happy. my grandmother has lived an extremely faithful christian life, and now that both my parents have really ran towards God the past year and a half or so, i think God knows that next to being in heaven with my grandpa, seeing my dad be all for God was her next deepest desire. its all working out, God's plan is amazing! i am sad about her condition, but i'm so excited for her to get to heaven. i don't know what is going to happen, or when, but God will take care of us and bring us strength as a family to get through it. he's already started with CJ and I. We had a good talk last night.
after i hung up with my dad, i started to think what it would be like if I was in his shoes. i dont' know what i would do if i had to sit next to my mom and watch her slowly lose herself. he told me that he wished we were all there with him, but just talking on the phone was enough to get him through it. it makes me want to hop on a plane right now. even though i view my dad as the strongest man alive, i'm realizing more and more that his size and physical strength don't make him that, but his heart and faith do.
God, tonight i just pray that you instill the strength my dad needs to get though this. thank you for surrounding him with people like Uncle Joe and Aunt Sue, two strong Christians that will keep his spirits up in times of trial like this. i know you will take care of him lord...i've never been so sure or felt as safe as i have ever when it came to a family member's well-being. knowing he's in Your hands is enough for me!

0 comments: