CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Colossians 3:16

Paul went to Colosse knowing how holy and faithful they were-but to make sure they didn't get caught up in following rules set by man, rules set around idolatry, rules set around religious traditions. I find it so funny the Lord brought me to this book during this time in the world where religion and traditions are at an all time high. I've heard many times during the past few weeks, "well it's what we always do". Really? You go to church on Christmas Eve because of why? Oh, Lord where are our hearts!!!!
"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full rickes of complete uinderstanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whome are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge"
"Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of thie world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules" 'Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!'? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teaching. Such regulatons indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack and calue in restraining sensual indulgence"
I don't want to be apart of that. I don't want to go with the grain. I tend to rebel, do the opposite of what people want or tell me to do. I used it as an excuse for a while not to take responsibility for my actions, like the devil to me to. I realized that in my efforts to go against everyone, i was also going against God. I was going against his promise, believing the devil's lies before God's truth. But through this scripture i came to realize that this gift of rebelliousness, i can use it for God. I can say, you know what, I'm going to serve in my home, church, school, better and stronger than anyone else because i'm not doing it out of obligation or comfort. God made me realize that that's the only way to go to the next level with him. I pray i do not give into the pressure to be like everyone else. To be apart of the herd into heaven, just trampling over eachother to get in the gate. I want to be set apart. Not follow rules because i'm supposed to, but to honor him through my heart, like when paul says, further into the scripture, "set your hearts on things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things, for you died and your life is not hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life, appears, then you also will apprear with him in glory". HELLO!!!! Lord constantly check my heart. Constantly check my love. Constantly keep in check my passion and vision. Help me to remember i am not here for people, but for you. I pray that this season we can truly honor you because it's for you, your time. I pray the traditional things done because "that's what we've always done" die. I pray to be an example lord. I pray that you can use me. That i can be set apart in heart and mind for your purposed.
"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together"
Lord this is your cause. Let me wake to your glory and sleep in your presense.
"Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father, through him".
AMEN.

0 comments: