CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Job 23

Job 23
Job
1 Then Job replied:
2 "Even today my complaint is bitter;
his hand [a] is heavy in spite of [b] my groaning.

3 If only I knew where to find him;
if only I could go to his dwelling!

4 I would state my case before him
and fill my mouth with arguments.

5 I would find out what he would answer me,
and consider what he would say.

6 Would he oppose me with great power?
No, he would not press charges against me.

7 There an upright man could present his case before him,
and I would be delivered forever from my judge.

8 "But if I go to the east, he is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find him.

9 When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.

10 But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

11 My feet have closely followed his steps;
I have kept to his way without turning aside.

12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

13 "But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.

14 He carries out his decree against me,
and many such plans he still has in store.

15 That is why I am terrified before him;
when I think of all this, I fear him.

16 God has made my heart faint;
the Almighty has terrified me.

17 Yet I am not silenced by the darkness,
by the thick darkness that covers my face.


(In joking humor) Was this before or after all the crap happened to him? I read a quote today that said, "it's not what you look at, it's what you see". Job took all of his circumstances and looked at God the way God calls us to see him, not as a hateful God, but a loving God, one who challenges us, one who has to do that in order to grow us. He even uses people, ones we love and trust to tempt us to think against what God wants from us. He even says he doesn't see God at work, he knows, he KNOWS He's doing something!!!! Something to bring righteousness to the faithful!
I teach children who don't speak English, and live in situations where there is no motivation to be any better than gas station attendants, cleaning ladies, or other types of services that do not need English as a first language. They would be content to do just what their parents are doing. So i am trying to motivate them, trying to show them they are worth more and can be more if they want to. Somedays i don't even think anything sunk in their heads. I want to give up and ask God why. But after reading this, i want to have the faith and change what i'm seeing....see what may not be visable, believe in what is unseen!
Job showed us a lot of things, but i think the most important thing was to always obey in everything we do, actions, words, and even thoughts because our relationship with him is more important than anything. I know that if i didn't have a thing left in the world, i would still be ok if i was tight with God. That's hard to say, but i know i could get through it, because He's for me, not against me. Even when i'm saturated in the thickness of the darkness.

0 comments: