CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day Nine

Nehemiah 4:14 (NLT)
14 Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”

When the Jews listened to the taunts and insults of their enemies, they felt their strength dissipating and even felt like giving up. It takes the eyes of someone to see the deeper spiritual realities-that God was greater than the enemy and He would strengthen His people so that they could finish the wall.
My husband is my Nehemiah, and has been. But during this fast, God is calling me to search deeper. He's saying let go of your pride, fear, shame, worry and insecurity. He's saying "I want you to see my truths and reach women, reach the beautiful, gifted women I created." There is always going to be an enemy. He will always speak to us through static in the background of our hearts. Someone says, "I love you, you're beauitful" and you hear "I'd love you, you'd be beautiful if...." Nehemiah doesn't say remember how horrible the enemy made you feel. He said remember the Lord who is great and glorious-so when you do that you CAN fight for your brothers, sons, daughters, HUSBANDS, and homes.
If you haven't noticed in your walk with God yet, he's not after us, Satan is after our men. What is the only way to them? Through us.
I'm fighting and i'm tired. But that's when our faith kicks in that God is still taking care of things for us. He is always doing most of the work, we are just helping him.
I want spiritual eyes like Nehemiah and my husband. I want to see the battle, not between flesh and blood. I pray we all can get these eyes, the eyes to see spiritual realities.
Don't be too proud to take a rest....expect it to be hard. Don't be too afraid to try or too worried to make a mistake....look at yourself at who you will be after the battle...i always loved looking at myself after a tough volleyball game, after i knew that i knew i gave my 100%....i always looked so strong, never defeated. anything that has power for the kingdom is expected to be hard. A Proverbs 31 women doesn't happen over night....

1 comments:

sammie said...

I love the new look