CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

His Face....That's All

"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint" Galatians 6:9

I wanted to start with that scripture, because God tells me that every morning. Every time He sees my spirit weaker than my flesh. Everytime he reminds me that His love is greater and backwards from anything I've ever experienced. Everytime I start to settle for half of what he really wants to gift me with.

The second I accept responsibility in something, I feel the negative-"You're going to fail". I can give in and hop on Satan's bandwagon, or I can stop that thought before it even begins to unravel. I think that's what Paul meant when he said, "I'm persuaded beyond doubt that neighter death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Persuaded beyond doubt. The face of love. Our eyes see Him in stained glass windows playing with the lambs in the pasture...but our hearts, they see a warrior....and his weapon? His love for us. I pray that God not only pierces my heart during this fast about how much he loves me, but also how much he loves you. That was his mission, his purpose....if we walk in his purpose-walk in the FOOTPRINTS of his life, his face will be revealed in us. Just imagine. Knowledge is nothing compared to that. That was important to me in the beginning-solid proof. I have that now, but my heart would be empty if i didn't have that love, it's his love that proves that he's still alive. If his face changed this whole world, wouldn't we want his face all over us? Walking into a room and people just knowing he's there? The blind? Hurting? Abused?
It's asking him to help us step outside ourselves...it's hard to do. Be persuaded beyond doubt. Beyond how we feel. I'm being attacked like crazy trying to walk in this....but knowing God sees me where i will be after this, just fires me up.
The world can have my distorted view of myself, insecurities, doubts, and questions. It's the whole concept of the mud puddle over the ocean-he wants to give you the ocean, let's not take the mud puddle.

there is a reason "It is for freedom Christ has set us free" was in the same book as the above scripture. It's not about hiding in our safety that keeps us close; that keeps us going... it's striping it all off, it's letting him do it, He knows it is hard for us down here in our stank flesh....but he believes in us. we were created in His image after all.

0 comments: