CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Treasures in Jars of Clay

Day 6

This fast has been totally amazing from Day 1. God is ready to do big things. God is ready to transform from the inside out. He's been consuming my mind to the point where Satan can't even take away my thoughts about God. His grace is so thick. His love is so abundant. I have been feeling totally emotional, which is good, I always have to focus on the positive-and being emotional is showing me how my flesh is fighting to stay in control, but my spirit is gaining strength. The tears don't last very long. His fire is burning and seperating the impurities in my heart. Sometimes when we fast, we are just looking for the miracles we can see. But I'm trying to focus on the unseen in everything. Along with fasting comes a lot of prayer and i know that my prayers are being heard. I thank God for the miracles i can see around me-but fall down to the ones i know are in the works. Not for me, not for you, not for us, but for His Glory.
"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. FOr we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness, " be made by his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We alsways carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body." 2 corinthians 4:1-12

I am a jar of clay for him to mold me. i will not give into deception so i may not see the light. everytime i do that i choose to put Jesus down for that blessing, that opportunity. i have a treasure inside, you have a treasure inside. Let the control go, the need to know go. be moldable clay, so he can fire you up and reveal your treasure.

1 comments:

sammie said...

Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Rocks!! just Rocks!!