CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Answered Prayers

It's so funny to me how our answered prayers are such a miracle to us, but to God, He's like, "man, that has been planned before you were knit in your mother's womb-beat that!"
Speechless...
I first want to say, GOD when you bring the rewards, they are so much sweeter than when I somehow have a hand in it all. God, help me to continue to honor people around me so I may taste of your sweet rewards again.
We are going to Africa for 2 weeks with the interns at church. There we will stay with Ben and Susan and the rest of Children's Cup.
Remember how a few lines up I said that His rewards are sweeter? I still haven't let this all sink in. I still haven't fully allowed myself to experience the full joy he wants me to have. I can't! I've never really experienced this before. I know for a fact it is nothing that I did to diserve it. It's nothing Gary did. It was all in His plan and He wants to send us?
2 weeks....in Africa...learning....submitting....honoring....growing....
I read in my Beth Moore study yesterday how the Pharasies did everything they could in thier power to get rid of Jesus. Once he performed that miracle of raising Lazerus from the dead, forget it, they were ticked. He threatened them far beyond any threat Jesus ever did before. They then placed a huge stone infront of his tomb. And Beth wrote "sometimes more effort is required to keep rolling the stone back over the tomb than simple to cooperate with the work He seeks to finish in us." "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6. If we are willing, if i am willing, he's going to complete the works in me. If i am unwilling, I will be miserable, because the truth of completion is in me.
I have this perspective now, and I hope and pray i keep it-that there's a big world out there. And I've been completely humbled to the fact that it's not about what I can do. LORD keep me this way! I am no one. Just a vessel. Let me just cooperate with the work you want to do through us. That stone is just too heavy for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel -- I am soooo happy for you guys. I am proud for you to represent out church. God is going to work through you and Gary in incredible ways in Africa. You were created for this and I am pumped to see you flourishing and stepping intoyour desitny!
xoxo - P. Kerri