CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

We've been bought with no returns

During this season, God's shown me as i read his word, that I must stop whenever it starts to speak to me, take it in, and put it into practice. I'm not like the Bible readers who's goal is to finish it in a year-i thought i was the scheduled type, but I guess God made me different. So I've been stuck in 1 John. I used to read the Bible with this perspective: I'm a young child, and inside i know God loves me, but i don't know what that means because the voice i hear the words in is this old mean strict woman reading them to me. "DO THIS, DO THAT, You failed, so therefore, you are a sinner" And being a sinner was looked upon as this negative description. I have to fight that thought sometimes, but i know it's my past flesh fighting my present spirit. (Remember it's a race, and beating our bodies is part of training). So i'm reading and this morning I'm hearing that old lady voice as i read....but it stops. And a man's warm voice continues into this verse....

1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,[a]we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

It was so comforting. It was so lovely. And then God started speaking to my heart...

"Rachael, you sound like that old lady sometimes when you know people are wrong...You are negative, you let them get to you, and you think it's your responsibility to 'let them know what's up'"

Ouch.

"You are My child! Focus on that! You don't diserve it!! But I love you with this everlasting love you may never understand. But if you stay willing and always seek how to love like me, your heart will stay pure and they will hear MY VOICE, just like you finally heard it today"

Then my husband texts me this verse:

"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true-even in his Son Jesus Christ. he is the true God and eternal Life." 1 John 5:18-21

My part in the battle? Prayer. My part in the battle? A positive mindset. My part in the battle? TO believe His truth over what my heart says. I am a child of God. You are a child of God-and you are so beautiful. Look at how He made you! When I walk in this, I know I'll truly be able to love like He did when he walked this earth.

0 comments: