CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Prayer

I forgot my Bible today. I usually have it in my bookbag to take to school, but today I left it next to my bed. It's funny because the days i bring it, it's usually to leave on top of my desk and I can just look at it, unopened due to the lack of opportunity to read it at work. It's my comfort. My class knows it's my favorite book, and i bet they wonder how slow of a reader I am because it's been at my desk all year....
I've tried to read the word on biblegateway.com but it just wasn't the same. There's just something about actually having it in my hands. I don't even have to say anything to God, just holding it, or looking at it gives me peace.
I wonder how anyone outside of Jesus gets through the day...it's not that if i don't read the Bible i'm a basketcase or anything, but just having that peace that goes beyond my understanding in any situation....maybe the lost are on my heart because for the past 3 weekends Gary and I have been entertaining family who aren't close or even open to God, or just for the mere fact that the Lost are God's number one concern. Today my prayer is that the tiniest of seeds grow in all of God's people, believers and not-yet believers.
This weekend an overwelming sense of compassion came out of my soul for my family. Gary and I were able to connect with them on a level like never before. Gary was with my father and brother all day Saturday on a deep sea fishing charter while I spent the day with my mom and brother's girlfriend. Gary was able to love on them in a special way and God opened many doors for his love to pour through to my mother and Chelsea.
God, I know I never know what you are truly up to, but whatever it is PLEASE let me be apart of it. Please do not allow me to be consumed with my own desires! I don't want to be a salesman, you don't need that, but a living, breathing, Jesus Freak.... please let me be more like you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! so good to hear ya'll had a great weekend....we're w/ ya on the bible thing...so tough to not have your own w/ ya...

sammie said...

The Word became life, its Him, I sleep with my bible too. I forgot it so much that way that I had to buy one for the road. Now my old one sits by the bed, and when I don't read it at night Chloe thinks something is wrong. Scanlon, when he spoke to your congregation about the "bus ministry" was so right on. I look at my life after we started this new youth ministry and I know I've met up with satan for sure. We have grown to three times our original number and next season we are moving the ministry on Wednesday nights outside the building into another facillity. Like "Young Life" so we can reach those who will not come inside a church. Interestingly enough Rachael, Scanlon was right you give them the opportunity to hear Jesus then you move to the next. They need to move from that point. I think I'm changing from a gardener to a grower. Thanks so much for introducing me to Scanlon. I'm getting a Scanlon T-shirt!!