CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Anne Jackson

i just love Anne Jackson at flowerdust.net this was one of her posts and one response that i truly loved...

at church i feel ___________________


feel? I feel? nah.

I like what Paul Washer said one time (to paraphrase)….

“When we come out of church talking about how HOLY God is instead of how we feel or “what we got out of it” THEN we will know we have been in a place where Jesus Christ is truly proclaimed.”

Unfortunately most churches today are focused on men and feeding peoples senses rather than breaking people down with truth. If changed dentists because my hygenist kept asking me how I felt. She was more concerned with my comfort than what might or might not be under my gums. Her job was to prepare my mouth to be inspected by the dentist. It’s the incredible responsibility of the Church to prepare people to be inspected (eternally judged) by a HOLY God.

So my answer is that I feel very uncomfortable, and rightly so.


amen.

0 comments: