CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hurricane Faye

It seems like in the past couple of weeks i haven't had time to breathe with school starting and all. This year I am teaching 5th grade ESOL mixed with regular ed and ESE kids all together. I am co-teaching with another woman (and she's awesome!!!)- so it's 2 on 31! I've never had some many kids before, but i like it! The day flies by!! My co-teacher and I get along very well, we push each other at just the right level. Her strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths are her weaknesses. This school year is going to be a blast!!!
But today, as I sit in front of my computer at 6:00 am....checking the weather and news updates, I realized I am getting a little 2 day break. I can finally clean my house, catch up on laundry and finish the CS Lewis book i started. Hurricane Faye is reported to hit our city sometime tonight or tomorrow. Schools have been cancelled....Gary and I are off to stock up on water, batteries, and canned goods!
There have been many accidents due to power outages, so please pray for northeast Florida.
Much love, and I can't wait to share what I've learned from my CS Lewis readings!!! I"m not feeling pregnant sick so much anymore, so hopefully I'll be posting more again!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy the couple days off! we'll all goto shane's house is we lose power on this side right?

sammie said...

I am looking forward to the posts!! I hope the weather passes you by.