CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My First Week Back

What a week! My co-teacher had her baby right on her due date....that means I am left with a sub co-teacher for the rest of 2008...one week down 10 to go...thank goodness i'm completely out of the first trimester nasty-ness and have way more energy to get me through. It's defintely been a tough season, like I keep writing--ehhh, sorry about all that-but it has been. Getting pregnant has totally changed my whole life. You realize how much you worry about yourself....well, I realized how much I worried about myself. I've followed God for a while, but man, there's nothing like a good test of your words to the Big Man every now and then! The main thing I've learned is it's not about what I get or changes for me, but what i can do and the changes I can make for Him. Sometimes, admit it, you pray for things to change for you in your life..."God if only he understood what i was going through" or "please help me deal with this person"....now i kinda see (i'm in the beginning stages, bare with me) "lord give me the wisdom to help this person, not for me, but for them" or "lord help me understand what they are going through"....yes, i know we WANT to say those things, but face it, we are ugly sometimes...and human...something i recently realized to the fullest degree. I'm just praying that i can always see things like that...
here's a quote by mother teresa that really hit me....
"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired"
Lord, you are my rest-let me never get tired of loving....




here's baby abbey!!!

1 comments:

sammie said...

Twelve men turned the world upside down thinking that way.
Francis Chan really inspired me in his marriage talk when he said "I just don't have time to deal with petty things,there is so little time to do the good I know God has knit into my being before I was born. I will not let satan steal it with these on loving thoughts".
Now I just don't want to think anything about anyone or situation that is not loving or productive in nature.