CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Honor

Over the weekend, John Bevere came to our church to speak. I love his wife's book, "Fight Like A Girl" but I had never really read anything by him. I was expecting a great weekend and my husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to serve his "peeps" (his pilots, and two product people). Like I said, I was expecting a great weekend. We all were fasting and John Bevere was speaking to our church.....little did i know how much of an important weekend it would be in my life....

We all talk about faith....God can't work in you without faith. That's my struggle, i know i don't believe the way i should. I know that that's my struggle constantly...but where do i start? Pray? yeah i do that, but sometimes i feel fake. God must get so tired of me saying, "God i just don't know".

The Faith of the Centurion
5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6"Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."
7Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."

8The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in all of Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."


We all talk about faith....God can't work in you without faith. That's my struggle, i know i don't believe the way i should. I know that that's my struggle constantly...but where do i start? Pray? yeah i do that, but sometimes i feel fake. God must get so tired of me saying, "God i just don't know".


I read that and I'm like, sweet, the dude had a lot of faith..... how can that help me.
After John spoke on that he explained to me that that centurian was a roman soldier. he was a ROMAN SOLDIER TALKING TO JESUS a jewish carpenter! That's like a US Marine talking with a painter from Iraq.

OHHHHHHH....

but then, i am still like what gave him that faith....what story did he hear that i haven't read about....and it's not like that....
the man had honor.... back to that US Marine saying to the painter from Iraq, "i am not worthy to come into your house". Honor...
Honor is what healed that man. Honor is what heals the tribes in the deep jungles of Peru or the dead being raised in Africa. They get HONOR. they get it. Here? We don't.

We honor God by honoring the least of these. We honor God and get that touch from Him when we truly mean what we do for people with all our our hearts.....

Lord I pray that your Holy Spirit just enters my heart and shows me what honor truly is. To completely walk a humble path. To honor all of your creation. To honor my husband. I know when I do this you will totally honor me back in return, I know I"ll get the rewards.... I'll reap the benefits....I'll be blessed. Thank you for teaching me and showing me just a taste of your honor this weekend.
Here are some of his books he talked from .....

0 comments: